Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Been Prayin'

There have been lots of things recently that needed lots of prayer! It's kids -- it's jobs -- it's family -- it's TSA work here in NJ -- it's personnel -- it's OKAY . . . just about everything.

But that's what it is about, isn't it ? Dependence upon God melts that independent ego thing that Satan tries to trick us with every -- every single day! I've been doing some research for some talks (or sermons) for our trip to Australia and Papua New Guinea, and I've made some significant discoveries. Imago Dei is the theme and that has sent me lots of places in to find truths related to being made in the image of God. We were made to Glorify God. We were made to reflect his grace. We were made to pass along his love. We were made to speak the truth and we were made to "be like Jesus." Huh -- that leaves no place for ego . . . or power . . . or a big head!

We are vessels -- and I really like being a vessel that God can use.

1 comment:

The Wittenbergs in Rovaniemi Finland said...

Thank you for this reminder. I have been thinking heavily today about love. True love. The kind that does not expect anything in return when extending love. The word that rang loud upon my heart is that love is the exfoliant that removes the scales of pride and ego even when these are rooted deep within. A vessel ready for His kingdom right now, today, I must receive the painful removal of the crusty self centered "me"..and I want to be more like Him, baring His marking of beauty and love. I must receive His love...I must extend it.